Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dreaming Of...




We had a wonderful weekend in Staunton, Virginia. But today felt even more Monday-ish than usual. And with a very full weekend in DC ahead - I'm already feeling a bit worn out and stressed. 

I keep thinking of my longing for retreat, solitude, quiet. Right now, I'd like nothing better than a few days in a quiet place - cozily enjoying a serene space in my dreamy canopy bed.

Maybe you too are recovering from getting back into "real life." I hope these images inspire you to find some spot of calm in hectic demanding life...  I think a canopy bed is the epitome of a bedroom retreat - romantic, private. A soothing cave for solitary thinking and languid naps. 

A canopy bed would be sooo lovely.

What sorts of home spots inspire you to feel peaceful? Hearths? Living Rooms? Porches? 

images: domino

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I had never thought of plain metal forming a canopy, but that last picture is gorgeous. My favorite thing in the world has to be my green down throw. It's a beautiful color, the quilting forms a nice texture, and it's the warmest thing ever. That to me is comfort.