Tuesday, March 17, 2009

These Tough Times


There is so much bad news these days, isn't there? So many people are losing jobs and afraid about the future.

So - how can we have a rich full life in the midst of so much uncertainty? I remember the old quote - "necessity is the mother of invention" ... How can we harness our creativity to enjoy and savor life - even when it's hard?

"These Tough Times" will be a series of simple suggestions to make the best of a challenging season.


Tip Number 1:


READ COMIC BOOKS!


My husband and I are of rather intense natures - when we were dating, we were jokingly told to talk about something silly for a change - like our favorite colors. I think the advice applies when we are stressed out too - we all need a good laugh. Laughter truly is the best medicine.


We love The Far Side - my favorite strip ever is "Lulu - Mrs. O'Leary's Ill-Fated Cow" from 1992. It basically is me - I too am prone to odd scrapes like tripping over buckets and igniting things.
My other favorite is posted above - it gets me EVERY time.

Calvin and Hobbes... Dilbert... So many options... go, get some comics, laugh, and enjoy the light side of life. You'll feel better!

No comments: