Friday, March 27, 2009

These Tough Times



My least favorite phrases are: "economic crisis", "these tough times," "highest scary statistic ever".

The news is pretty bad. But it's so important to face bad news with creativity and hope. This feature is my small way to offer suggestions to make everyday a little more pleasant. What are the small triumphs we can savor each day? The little gifts? The creative solutions to problems?

So - here I offer tip #2:

If you want a new bit of technology or kitchen gadget, why not ask around and see if someone has something they aren't using? You might even get what you want for FREE!

I was whining to my coworker about how I HATE chopping. I hate it. She came back the next day with a Pampered Chef chopper she wasn't using! How fun is that? Her gift has made my dinner preparation much more fun!

And my dad had an Ipod he wasn't using anymore, so he sent it to me. I am happy as a clam! I don't needed the latest updated million gigabyte version!

Pampered Chef chopper plus Ipod = priceless fun for moi!

And to keep the gift going - I am giving a friend my old Canon camera. I got a newer one for Christmas.

Why not reuse or recycle stuff we aren't using to someone else who could really enjoy it?

Check out your local thrift shops, check Craigslist, and just ask around! Who know what you'll find?




No comments: