Monday, June 22, 2009

Featured Etsy Artisan: DesignPort



For today's Etsy Artisan Feature, we're traveling all the way to Instanbul to meet Şans of DesignPort. I stumbled across this lovely shop in my Etsy browsings, and was drawn to all the color and elegance of the shawls and shrugs and scarves- very very chic. Şans graciously agreed to be interviewed - I hope you enjoy meeting her and be sure to visit her lovely shop.

I especially want this red caged shrug - stunning!!

Thanks for telling us your story, DesignPort!

Tell us a little about yourself – your name, where you live, your work.

My name is Şans..It’s meaning in Turkish is’’Luck’’J.I m a designer for big fashion brand in Turkey..I love creating, especially hand made creations…I'm living in Istanbul. Istanbul is a amazing and big city ..


Tell us about your Etsy shop and products.

I met with Etsy a long time ago, my friend suggested it to me..And I began to think about it. I had to join it, I had to design to some hand made..And My Etsy shop began to occur.. and now my soft and loving products are with you…You are gonna find young, trendy, cool, quality, soft and really different products in my shop..Just tell me what you need and I'm gonna create it for you…It will be very exciting to sell my products to different cultures of the people at other end of the world…..


How did you get into your creating? Do you have a favorite item you’ve made? Tell us the story.

My favorite one is ‘’spring flower scarf’’..When I went to holiday to Bodrum , I saw a big ,colourful, beautiful garden.There was a a lot of rose with different flowers. I loved them and thought it would be so incredible on the women’s neck..This is the story of ‘’SPRING FLOWER SCARF’’ (see photo above - I LOVE IT!)


What advice would you give a creative entrepreneur on starting a small artistic business?

Just feel it, feel your power of design…


Do you have a person that inspires you (living or historical)? Tell us about her or him!

My boyfriend inspires me every timeJ


Do you have a book or movie that makes you feel creative? Tell us about it!

My favorite movie is Grease…I love the styling, I love colours, I love hairs, songs and also artistes.. It takes me a different world.


What is your favorite handmade treasure?

Click this link to see designport's idea.

No comments: